Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

A place to chat

Go down 
+14
drchaos
Silken
bergen
TekDeth
Lycan
Cyssero
TotalMadness
ArcyArkani
PrincessCarrie
PrincessPeach04
zvukimu
12DrChaos21
Dire
Thumper01(mrsalice69)
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
skylark
n00blet
n00blet
skylark

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-11-19

A place to chat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:49 am

hi all computer die again so im back to not playing again lol
Back to top Go down
Dire
Officer
Dire

Number of posts : 1067
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 3:14 pm

Don't feel bad. I got comp issues over here. I'm questioning if my hubby's motherboard isn't going out. He lost a stick of RAM, lost the hard drive, and now has lost another stick of RAM all in the space of a few months.
Back to top Go down
skylark
n00blet
n00blet
skylark

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 11:39 am

my laptop screen broke so all be down tell i get a new screen or a new laptop there both around the same price and nether i have the cash for so im down for a bit
Back to top Go down
ArcyArkani
Spaminator King
ArcyArkani

Number of posts : 1985
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 1:50 am

Heya guys!
Overall it seems my PC problems are beyond repair and my PC is already over 5 years old too. Hence I want to buy a laptop (for transport reasons).

Since there are some PC pros and PC experienced people among the underdogs and many with laptops around I thought maybe you could give me some advice as to what sort of laptop would be right for me. So here are my criteria:

1-My cash limit is around 800 Euros/Pounds. +20% maybe but less is better ofc.

2-Of couse I should be able to play rappelz with it.
The recommended requirementsd for rappelz you can find here:
Rappelz Requirements

3- Playing Rappelz means I should be able to use it 16 hours a piece without it overheating.
Even better would be if I could leave it on all the time but I guess that is asked a bit much.

4- The screen should not be too small. If I visit a normal page (like the underdogs forum or youtube) I do not want to move the page left and right. I want to see the whole page on the screen (of couse i would need to scroll down but what I mean is 'width').

4- It needs at least 3 USB plugs so I can connect a mouse, a memory stick and my iPod. Preferably more.

5-It should have a CD thingy (where you put CDs in) so I can listen to musik and a CD burner would be cool too.

6- If it had a camera and mic that would help my skype and TS availability.

Well if anybody has a suggestion. HELP!
Thanks in advance and see you guys around in game soon.

PS @ Dire: I have no idea how to find the thingy with the little cylinders in my PC.

Back to top Go down
Dire
Officer
Dire

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 7:11 am

You open up the side of your comp and look at the card your monitor is plugged into. Look at the cylinders on that card.
Back to top Go down
KingOfTheGods
Nemes1s Guild Member
KingOfTheGods

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:14 am

i would suggest a asus one as peachys newer one is that and we have no probs with it it has 17 inch screen also would recoment the thing that sits below your laptop with cooling fans in it know they have some out with a built in usb hub as well that would extend you usb ports arcy and i think we spent around 600-700 dollars on peachys dono how it converts atm but would def look at them
Back to top Go down
ArcyArkani
Spaminator King
ArcyArkani

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:47 pm

Thank youy all for the feedback. It helped me find the laptop, which probably is right for me. It costs 617 Euros, including delivery cost.
Dire I tried opening my PC and found a ball of dust. I did not get as far as the graphics card. I will try to dedust it and then see if I can open it to get to the graphic card.

I will likely buy the new laptop in 4 days. Before that I will try to get my old PC working.
Back to top Go down
Dire
Officer
Dire

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:49 pm

No WONDER your comp flipped out! You really SHOULD open it once a month and use a can of compressed air to blow the dust out. It causes MASSIVE overheating in the modern computers. lolol
Back to top Go down
ArcyArkani
Spaminator King
ArcyArkani

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:49 pm

I just dedusted it last night. It took me a semesters worth of ear cotton sticks, a meals worth of saliva and (ok you didnt need to know that) several cloths of fabric to get it done.
I removed about a handful of dusk just by grabbing it.
I ended up with a smokers koff for the night. Wish I had started this outside my room. Had to blow my nose- grey snot. Laughing about it made me koff again.

In addition to the dust I also found 200Euros (2x50 and 1x100) which I had ingeniously hidden there years ago. It might be that the money or the dust did cut some circuits short. When I started my PC again I had the same problem. Upon a second restart everything was fine, although a bit slow and I could do some trouble shooting.

That brought me far enough to tell that my graphic card is unsuitable for use with windows 7. Stupid rapair men at Saturn (in Germany thats one of the bigger computer and technology firms) should have checked that BEFORE they went ahead and installed the system.
I could even play Rappelz then but the PC asked me to save the changes, which I could not do that night. Hence it might have been a fluke or a last breath that my PC did. It doesnt change the fact that I will be getting a laptop. I mean 2 PCs- hello BUFFSLAVES!

If I had known how easy it would be to dedust it, then I would have done that earlier.

Oh and concerning my last post. I mean I found ANOTHER handful of dust after I opened it now.

Back to top Go down
Dire
Officer
Dire

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:03 am

Shocked lol! scratch scratch lol! Shocked
Back to top Go down
zvukimu
God of SPAM
God of SPAM
zvukimu

Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:00 pm

200 euros hidding in your laptop?! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dire
Officer
Dire

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 4:25 pm

No. He had 200 euros hiding in my desktop.
Back to top Go down
zvukimu
God of SPAM
God of SPAM
zvukimu

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:11 pm

You wish Wink
Back to top Go down
Dire
Officer
Dire

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:39 pm

lol Ya. I do.
Back to top Go down
ArcyArkani
Spaminator King
ArcyArkani

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 3:52 pm

Buying a laptop was delayed because the prices will drop during the X-mas and New years time. Can't wait to play again.
Back to top Go down
zvukimu
God of SPAM
God of SPAM
zvukimu

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 12:15 pm

ArcyArkani wrote:
Buying a laptop was delayed because the prices will drop during the X-mas and New years time. Can't wait to play again.

Patience is a virtue...
Back to top Go down
Dire
Officer
Dire

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 4:15 am

So is modesty but who among us has that? lol
Back to top Go down
drchaos
Nemes1s Guild Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-07-13

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:50 pm

Modesty is one of my best virtues

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TekDeth
Nemes1s Guild Member
TekDeth

Number of posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 8:16 am

Dire,

When i pla LOTRO, i see many archers and i think of u. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://nemes1s.heavenforum.com/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&am
drchaos
Nemes1s Guild Member

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:01 pm

I gotta low level guy (22 Elf Hunter) on Riddlemark Tek! If you are there drop me some mail. IGN is Sosrey
Back to top Go down
Dire
Officer
Dire

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:43 pm

You gotta think of me whenever you see archers! 'Cause I'm the nastiest b*tch around! :-)
Back to top Go down
drchaos
Nemes1s Guild Member

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 7:24 am

Thats one of the draw backs of DDO. Physical Range is pretty weak compared to hand to hand, but its pretty easy to make a ranger/fighter build that can rock the bow, and do viable TWF melee. Maybe when i get some character space Ill make a Direwolfling Ranger...
Back to top Go down
Dire
Officer
Dire

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 4:10 pm

I'll take that as a compliment. :-)
Back to top Go down
skylark
n00blet
n00blet
skylark

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:48 am

BOOOO!!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
PrincessPeach04
Admin
PrincessPeach04

Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 6:25 am

rawr!! what's up sky!?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A place to chat
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Past Alliance Members-
Jump to: