Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

A place to chat

Go down 
+14
drchaos
Silken
bergen
TekDeth
Lycan
Cyssero
TotalMadness
ArcyArkani
PrincessCarrie
PrincessPeach04
zvukimu
12DrChaos21
Dire
Thumper01(mrsalice69)
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
drchaos
Nemes1s Guild Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-07-13

A place to chat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 6:09 pm

Hey hey hey!

Just checking in. Seems the boards are pretty quite (unless I'm only seeing a limited area).

Do the holidays find everyone doing well? Staying out of trouble? Still playing Rappelz?

Thinking of trying a new MMO over christmas break. Anyone have any good ideas? My top three ideas right now are guildwar 2, Rift and Aion. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
KingOfTheGods
Nemes1s Guild Member
KingOfTheGods

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 am

Nah you have access doc, just not many actives on the forums anymore. (this is peach by the way) my computer is broken atm which is why I'm not logged in under me. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you! Hope things are going well for you. Take care. Pat says Diablo 3 should be coming out early 2012. Wink
Back to top Go down
KingOfTheGods
Nemes1s Guild Member
KingOfTheGods

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:23 pm

well if i were you i would stay away from aion hasn't been looking good from what i hear and also is going F2P in europe in jan so prob in us not long from now will also be Free to play with cs as well havent heard much bad about guildwars 2 at all and don't know much about rift i havent been playing rappelz much as i got banned for doing nothing in sept and getting a hold of a GM is all but impossible as there is only 2 gm's working and everyone getting hacked they are quite busy and havent responded much to my emails to them to get unbanned
Back to top Go down
drchaos
Nemes1s Guild Member

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 6:09 pm

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you both (any anyone else that reads this)! Not much going on with me, got married (planned elopement), Bruins and Pats are kicking ass and taking names, livin the life:)

Ya I still pop my head into the Rappelz forums every now and then, and it seems that everyone is hacked, and the admin just gave up. Last I checked DrChaos et al still had their stuff (what I did not give away), and Im sure I can figure out the username and password if you are interested in using it, send me a PM. OH NOES, does this mean that the General is being touched in inappropriate ways by some stranger? Only Pat and I were allowed to do that....

Tried out Rift, and it seems similar to Rappelz, and I think im going to try to stay away from the (no offense to anyone) Asian Grind Games. Im still a huge fan of DDO, but with Christmas break coming up wanted to try something new to see if I wanna stick with DDO. Playing the trial version of Aion, Rift and WoW, makes me realize I really like the set up of DDO. Heard both GW2 and the new Star Wars should be pretty cool. For now I might just play a ton of Skyrim (holy uberness batman!) and DDO.

Had a look at some of the D3 trailers and it looks cool (I was a pretty big fan of D1) but the way I understand the AH to work is that you can use real world cash to buy anything, which seems way to P2W for me.

Also, nerdgasm alert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGM1RB73Zso

As always, if anyone is bored, download DDO and say hi!

Back to top Go down
KingOfTheGods
Nemes1s Guild Member
KingOfTheGods

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 12:18 am

i had not read much about the AH yet just about game play in general i'ma try it out either way as i was huge fan of D1 on the playstation then played D2 on comp and looking around maybe eventually bringing D3 out on console just not sure yet also i hear skyrim is quite awsome working on getting a PS3 soon so i'll have to pick that one up some time as well XD as for bruins and pats meh have to wait hockey is long season and ne thing can happen in NFL ne more lol
Back to top Go down
PrincessPeach04
Admin
PrincessPeach04

Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 7:34 am

Congrats on getting married... about damn time!! hahah We're getting married next Oct (20th) I don't have a computer atm mines currently getting the screen replaced =(
Concussions are kicking the Pens / NHL's ass this year =( and couldn't care or less about football lol.
Dire said to tell you Merry Christmas!! (I'm sure there was some Dire-ism in there that I forgot to send along)
She should be posting on here soon enough going to change her pw and stuff on here for her so she can get back in.
Take care

Back to top Go down
ArcyArkani
Spaminator King
ArcyArkani

Number of posts : 1985
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 8:40 pm

Wow it has been over a year since I last visited the site. Almost a miracle I still remembered my password.

What is going on these days?
Back to top Go down
PrincessPeach04
Admin
PrincessPeach04

Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 5:54 am

Same old stuff, wedding planning/ getting ready for wedding/ working / playing game when we can. and you?
Back to top Go down
Khan
Nemes1s Guild Member
Khan

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 7:57 am

Hey all. JUst stopped in to say hello. Getting back into the game again. So nice to see all our my old friends again..
Back to top Go down
http://www.wavfc39.com
poli
spam0r
spam0r

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 1:55 pm

yep same here . hai peeps nice to see peeps still active Very Happy
Back to top Go down
drchaos
Nemes1s Guild Member

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 4:56 pm

Hey guys, I think I'm going to test out GW2, is anyone in the Beta or planning on buying? I have a friend that is in Beta so will probably join his server (waiting back on a different form PM response) if anyone is interested!
Back to top Go down
poli
spam0r
spam0r

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 3:25 am

oh nice! yes chaos :d i am in GW2. i been following the games development for 5 years now. and been waiting for it so much that i havnt gamed for 2 years. I prepurchsed it within 10mins of pre purchase being allowed Very Happy.

I am on the US server "darkhaven". In WvW i am usually under the char "Beta Tes" . If you are joining your friend on aother server its cool pm me the server name and ur char name also.

I can "guest" on your server.. or your friend can guest on ours (if u come to my server). Guests can do everything in game except fight in WvW (server battles).. which they can only do on thier home servers.

if you need any more info on GW2.. you can check out some of my wall posts on FB. IF you have any questions or anything you can ask me. Also our char names are unique across all servers. so if you add a char as a freind .. that char is the only one on all the servers.. same as guild names. "beta tess" is 42 elementalist and hasnt done any dungeons yet though . last 2 beta weeekends and the stress test i mostly been living in WvW maps.

Also please note the BWE1 cleint size was 13gb.. after BWe2 it bloated to 16gb. About a few hrs back.. the cleint is updating itself for Beta weekend event 3... it has been officially said by arenanet that the BWE3 cleint will be the release client. The rumor has it the final release cleint will be 25gb. Hope that helps you plan out your downloads Smile.

Also note that GW2 is different type of gameplay. it also needs a bit of unlearning what we traditionally know of mmos. It is not a race. high lvl doesnt mean better player. We play to have fun... not to gain lvls.. cos lvls really doesnt mean much in the game. level is just a way to guide people thru thier personal story questline and to guide people thru zones. hope to meet you in game.

I am also currently playing rappelz. with thumper, peach, king and the rest. I am on thier ts doing 1-2 hr dps. I plan to have a secondary game to gw2 when it releases.. and since old freinds are in rappelz i plan to have that as a secondary game to gw2. I will pm this reply to you and also post it. see you in game.

Name (only for beta) : beta tes (or tess Oo)
server : darkhaven (proud winner of all WvW battles except 1 )
Back to top Go down
poli
spam0r
spam0r

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 12:58 pm

i got a pm today on Fb from pupi and he just bought GW2. i pmed him my info on server and char name too. So i hope to meet and play with both of ya in game during the beta weekeend event 3 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
drchaos
Nemes1s Guild Member

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 9:08 pm

Ah good to hear. I'm probably not going to get in on the Beta, had a pass for two different weekend events and was unable to play those weekends. Summer combined with a WoW account thats going another month (not sure Ill renew, depends on release date of GW2) I dont have much free time Smile. Ill definatally let you know when I get on and what name I'm going to use. Gonna try to bring back DrChaos or DoctorChaos as a name!

Question on the game play. Since they drop the Tank and healer and everyone is just DPS, with support (CC or buffs) does it just turn into a kite and nuke type group play? Is it more interesting then that?
Back to top Go down
poli
spam0r
spam0r

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 5:48 am

playing MoP ehh ? Very Happy

GW2 release date is 28 august 2012. They announced it. For pre purchasers its a 3-day head start from the 25th.

just to clairfy on the trinity type of gaming(tank, dd and healer).. the answer is a bit more complex. i will try to expalin if possible.

Tanking - Most all classes can tank (i am thinking tanking as a thief maybe hard .. but thats just me)... a player needs to spec thier build to be a bit tanky. When i say all classes can tank.. i do mean for a "period of time". What does that mean? well a guardian maybe able to take a a beating from a boss for 45secs to a 1min... while an elementalist can take a beating for 30 secs. (these are just relticve numbers to explain it.. it could be more or less). no class can stand and take a beating like traditional tanks for the whole boss fight. players will need to dodge in and out during fights and others need to move in to make up for that loss of a tanking teammate.

healing- all classes can heal themselves. most classes also can "splash heal" and "aoe heal". But it aint like how we usually know it. Aoe heals are paltry... they assist a bit in hp regen and puny heals (yes.. thats even on the water attunned elementalist). the significant heals i seen that affect others are the medi kits and healing turret of an engineer (which dont heal others for much btw). so all classes can assist in healing others... but its non targettable... its aoe and splash (a kinda aoe heal thats aorund a target). all classes ahve thier own individual heals. Also trait system allows them to hit, debuff, buff, dodge, remove conditions which could also add a paltry heal on oneself, team or the area around them .

targetted healing isnt there.. cos that would allow some classes that can take a longer beating... be able to stand and tank for 1/3rd of the fight and be braindead during fights.

DD and control - all classes can dd and control. Weapon choice plays a significant role especially in these in all classes. healing skills also rely on weapon choice .. although they are more apparent on some classes (like elementalist in water attunment).

to answer the last two questions.... fighting in this game cant be done by just standing still all the time. it does not need constant movement. It however does need a player to "dodge" which can be hotkeyed. also a bit of moving to a diff location when an enemy aoe red circle appears around the player is advisable.. else one would die. but its not a constant dodging type of gameplay either. also dodge depends on a meter if it doesnt have enough endurace in it u cant dodge.. but u can definately move out.

It is definately intresting. I was unsure about this no tank and healer class thingy. But upon playing it in beta weekend 1, i can say that i love it. i find all other mmo gameplay to be boring that doesnt allow for me to move. standing and hitting or skilling something is something i now cant stand. not to mention looking at a ui with so many meters and bars.

it is definately intresting in pve cos tactics is needed during the fight agaisnt mob. boss fights? yeah some stratrgy maybe needed.. but tactics and on-the-fly adaptation is really needed. cos you never know who is tanking.. or when an aoe will appear at your feet.. what your hp is like at that point of time.. and whats the cd on your heal skill. so yeah the strategy may become stagnent over time (example.. first time u enter a dungeon in hmmm.. say WoW... you dont know what the boss does.. what phases it has.. what it does at different hp levels)... but once u figure out the boss fights in a raid in a traditional mmo.. the rinse and repeat farming for loot is pretty boring. In GW2.. even if the strategy is known over time.. the tactical element of on-the-fly-adaptation keeps it fresh.

GW2 definately has turned mmos on its head. They have done some risky changes to a mmo game. However it does also need players to be ready to rethink and unlearn some things we kinda have become used to. The best that i like.... no mana/energy crap+ casters can move most of the time while casting+ everyone can heal+ tactics finally is as important as strategy (the importance of strategy tend to make raid leaders and guild leaders have an epeen stroke in most cases in my view). Oh yeah! its not a race in GW2. you play it to improve yourself as a player. levels doesnt signify someones better.. neither does the loot. Brains finally has a chance in a genre thats mostly riddled with add ons and dumbing of the player.

.. yeah the last lil bit i went a bit strong lol. Hey! thats the reason i waited for this game for 5 years.. and watched and read every little bit of info that i could get my hands on in the first years of its development! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
drchaos
Nemes1s Guild Member

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Interesting stuff Vaar, thanks man.

Still not sure about the idea. I rarely play DPS in MMOs, but we shall see, I'm hopeful that it will be good. There just does not seem to be many MMOs out there that are interesting to me.

Likely not going to get MoP. WoW is interesting, and very well run, but it is pretty dumbed down, with little challenge. There are the races to be server first and whatnot, but I dont have (or want) the time to compete at that level. I doubt Ill drop $60 on the expansion to pay a few months subscription.
Back to top Go down
drchaos
Nemes1s Guild Member

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:41 pm

Preordered GW2

IGN: DrChaos.1469
Have a friend on the "Tarnished Coast" in Beta, so might go there. He thinks there might be a server reset, but not sure.
Back to top Go down
poli
spam0r
spam0r

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 5:05 pm

yeah everything will be reset. i havnt decided on my home server for release yet. Shoudlnt be a biggie on most things except for WvW entry. Cool my ign is arokvaar and some numbers which i will chk upon release and let ya know.

in case you are intrested in soemthing liek the usual mmos liek wow and not so dumbed down.. terra or rift is what i can think of.

however i am thinking of gw2 as my main and then rappelz for the old crowd to hang out with.. but then am looking for a sci fi mmo.. this time around i am lookng at planetside2, endofnations, and firefall. hoping one of them could be a secondary game to GW2 in the sci fi genre (since this year these seem nice in sci fi). k cya in game in GW2 upon release! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A place to chat   A place to chat - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A place to chat
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Past Alliance Members-
Jump to: